Saturday, February 10, 2007

UPdates

TO my Friends and Family back home and everywhere else in the world --- HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR (in advance) !!!!! May all of you enjoy a happy and prosperous new year !

:D

Brr....it is cold this morning. 20 degrees. What a drastic change from last week's weather (fyi, it was 40 degrees) ! I guess it is no biggie since crazy weather has been reigning supreme in recent years . BUt I am glad I am well prepared for it . Hold on...I'll correct that statement ---I am excessively prepared for it :P.
You know how it is with packing. One always wants to bring as much as possible to a foreign land where one knows that one will be spending most of one's time, just to make it feel more like home. Consequently, one is faced with the challenge of putting everything away ---and trust me, that can give you one heck of a migraine ! This being my third year in a residential college, I have accumulated a fair amount of 'necessities' which I conveniently forget when I am back home, resulting in a huge stash of 'treasure' that I then have to painstakingly reorganise each time I come back.
>>Word of caution to self --make a COMPREHENSIVE LIST before jumping on the plane...

College is livelier by the day. Plenty of new faces to greet. Sigh.....Reminds me of the time when I was a fresher myself. Gosh....we are all caught up in the flow of time. (as experienced now --lets not think about Einstein's theory of relativity at the moment :P) Still remember my first impressions of Adelaide ie. flat, broad , square, clean, SLOW cars etc
Now, as a relative 'oldie' it is fun to interact as the more 'knowledgeable' party hahaha and pull a few legs here and there. Looking forward to O-week (rubs hands with glee ) ......

In Uni, classes have commenced and we are currently undergoing a period of observation both in the lab and in clinic to ensure we meet the requirements before we are allowed to work on patients. Revision of all the different techniques is a must ....information gained from previous years must be intergrated and applied to the various situations we encounter. I am glad I have a strong foundation knowledge wise however I still need to improve on my manual skills.
>>Note to self --Practice Makes Perfect. Believe , Act and Achieve.

Festivities in Adelaide have kicked off for the year with last night's Symphony Under the Stars . It was a glorious display of musical talent and beautiful fireworks in tune to Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture. Magical. Sitting on blankets ,huddled in a bunch and just looking up into the starry sky as melodies filled the air was a sublime experience.

MOre to come :)
Ciao

3 Comments:

Blogger Wei Zhi said...

wah kaoz looks like lifes burstling out for u ! lolz... i am really really feeling the quietness in penang man, esp with the stupid heat wave lashing out on our small island paradise... forced me indoors moz of the time.. damnnn!! XD

4:31 AM

 
Blogger {Wenying}© said...

blog hopping starts!!!

haha neways it snows in London!!!

....

very random comment here...

p/s: yeap i hate packing and unpacking too ^^

1:02 PM

 
Blogger yNg said...

it was great catching up with u in pg too.

wishing u Happy CNY!! gong xi fa cai!

3:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home