Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Birthday musings

Helloooooooo everyone! IT is WONderful to be home ( a fact that I can never tire of repeating hahahha) well, since I have hit the 2 decade mark this year , I can't help but muse over my life so far ...hmm.......it has mostly been devoted to studying ---yes yes, i know i am a geek.....ish....but also, it has been about learning to treasure family support and friendships, to understand other cultures and maturing outside my comfort zone, as well as improving oneself in aspects dear to my heart.

Wow, I realise I often take family for granted especially in my teens ...sob....officially out of teens and at the brink of adulthood now...ARGHHhhhhh----AAAAHHhHhhhhhh IT Still Seems TOo SOON! Thank goodness for the guidance and advice of parents and grandparents however they do sometimes underestimate your virtues :P ( guess I'll always be a little girl to them)

Friends are indispensable for survival. The saying new friends are silver and old friends are gold rings quite true --they are both precious and have different properties :D Friendships built to last are hard to find but once found, must be upkept as well ,to function as a constant reminder of good times and a foundation for future happiness. New friends on the other hand are like delectable discoveries , each lending new flavour and spice to life , as we slowly explore the possibilities and travel along a common path.

Guess I've only been overseas for 1 and a half years but I think I have grown much in that period hahahha....;) Being exposed to a culture other than Malaysian culture was and still is a breathtaking experience---(under construction with new 'items' turning up everyday heheh)

okok.....I want to sincerely thank my friends for being there for me and making my birthday a few 'days' to remember LOL ......Thanks to my Adelaide friends who sprung a surprise the night before I left which involved lots of whipped cream and some chocolate sponge cake....Thank you to my college friends who brought me all the way to ipoh and celebrated my birthday with a Green pandan cake and loads of nangka and crazy pictionary games AND going Caving!.....Thanks to my primary school friends who surprised me with my best friend of 15 years and counting in the movie theatre which then progressed to lunch and karaoke at red box LOL .......WOOO HOOO......blew candles 3 times over , made 3 different wishes ( hmm....wonder if they will count) ate three times worth of cake hahahhaha :P

All in all , a marvellous experience.

will blog about more stuff soon
Grinning from ear to ear :D
June

8 Comments:

Blogger lee wei said...

the more cake, the merrier!

4:57 AM

 
Blogger Kryptos said...

hi, june. happy birthday! sigh, it must be fun to celebrate your birthday back in penang!

10:50 PM

 
Blogger yNg said...

glad to noe that u had a marvellous birhtday :>

3:00 AM

 
Blogger {Wenying}© said...

its good that u enjoy it~~ thought it didnt work out perfect...coz u can "smell ur frieds"...

p/s: starting to like quoting ur line "i can smell my friend..."
haha

7:38 AM

 
Blogger jiahling said...

=.=|||

still don't understand how u could have 'smelled' me...

O_____o|||

oh my.

10:12 PM

 
Blogger GLO said...

lolz...looks next time i gonna plan sth different...so u can't smell her...maybe beside a stall...:D

5:16 AM

 
Blogger queenlyd said...

erm.. u smelled jiah ling?!

7:31 AM

 
Blogger jiahling said...

ghee> O.o|||
then she can still see me wat...

lydia> dun ask =.=|||

7:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home