Saturday, September 30, 2006

End of Hols.....Beginning of Term




Hey everybody!

Thought I might give a little update since term will be starting soon so here it goes.

It has been a blissful two weeks of leisurely walks, early nights, early mornings, adequate exercise, tennis training, plenty of R& R. Basically, the perfect relaxing break that my body has been craving for. OK, there were also the assignments ---but they have been taken care of , of course there's the studying --of which I wish I had done more of....sigh....no use crying over spilt milk, time moves on, we either race along with it or trudge along , fingers barely grasping the ever elusive threads.

1. Went to the beach on the last day of term, (From Viewer's left, Mei, Lynn, ME)
it was Beautiful,
Sunny,
Azure blue skies without a cloud in sight,
Hot creamy sand ,
Icy cold sea breeze,
Freezing waters,
Pretty sea shells,
Intriguing pebbles washed up upon the shore with creatures of the sea clinging to them,
We built sand castles

2. Went for a performance put up by the Elder Music School....
Harmonious voices together with the harpsichord made for a glorious night
Not to mention the crackers and cheese diips with sundried tomato and advocado with cashews YUmmm and champagne to celebrate !

3. Watched a whole lot of anime, read a bunch of novels, magazines and watched lots of movies and window shopped hehe
- I know, quite antisocial :P

4. Hunted down my lecturer for my previous perio paper to learn from my mistakes
Note: I say HUNTED because I have tried looking for him since coming back from the July break.
Try no. 1 - He was on sick leave
Try no. 2 - He didn't turn up
Try no. 3 - He was there but busy with a patient
Try no. 4 -He was in the tutorial room with other students , busy as usual
Try no. 5 -Waited outside his office for 15 minutes after making an appointment with him....just to be told he has a patient booked in and will only be able to see me in another 2 hours! So, I duitfully came back again....thank goodness the hunt stopped there.....

5.Celebrated Mei's Birthday!
Sweet girl turned 24 !! Went over to her friend's place for dinner and desserts .

6. Culminated the holidays by going for a cocktail party organised by the three universities.
Impressions Night : All that Jazz
It was a parade of formal wear -- dresses of all designs but the cocktail dress with flared skirts and a ribbon as a sash to cinch the waist was the crowd favourite. Suits with ties were the choice attire for the gentlemen.
Jazz music was a bit of a disappointment because it soon gave way for house music. Otherwise, the cocktail had highlights such as the food(oysters both raw and kilpatrick, prawns in thai sauce, mushrooms with cheese dip, vietnamese spring rolls, curry puffs, nuts and noodles in a box!), the company ( friends from Lincoln, friends from Uni), and also, the lucky draw ( I won a book voucher :D)
There was an after party but it was too smoky for my liking and I was already tired. It was held at Club 199, an establishment with posh decor on the ground floor but tacky ambience on the top floor ---first time I saw people dancing in a cage ! ( I leave the rest to your imagination).

7. Preparations for exams
One of my finals is scheduled for next week YIKES! and I have two other tests lined up for me. Maybe the book voucher is something to urge me on!

Alright, bored yet?
LOL
Cheers

4 Comments:

Blogger {Wenying}© said...

hey june u look really great in that white colour corset (or watever u call that thing)~~

wenying

1:53 AM

 
Blogger {Wenying}© said...

oh yes btw u didnt link me
sobsob
:'(

1:57 AM

 
Blogger jiahling said...

kilpatrick? not kirkpatrick ar? lol

wah book vouchers~ i want! =P

"3. Watched a whole lot of anime, read a bunch of novels, magazines and watched lots of movies and window shopped hehe
- I know, quite antisocial :P"

this proves tht i'm quite antisocial too >.<

hav added going to the gym n solving sudoku as part of my daily regime =P

6:16 AM

 
Blogger yNg said...

u look resplendent in ur attire!! simply exquisite!

seems like u had fun so keep having fun :)

missing u....

8:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home